What is Counselling?
Counselling is the provision of professional assistance and guidance in resolving personal or psychological problems.
Counselling can help you to explore:
- The direction your life is going
- The progress you are currently making
- The changes you may want to make
- How you can implement those changes
- How you can achieve your aspirations
What can counselling do for me?
Individuals come to counselling for a variety of personal and mental health reasons. In my experience, clients find the supportive, confidential, environment I provide facilitates the exploration of their difficulties and issues, and allows them to examine options for change.
Talking to a professionally trained counsellor allows you to look at areas in your life that you may be struggling with. I strongly believe that the therapeutic relationship we will create together will allow you the opportunity to explore your most troubling difficulties, this is one of the key benefits of the counselling relationship.
Counselling allows you the opportunity to explore:
- How you respond emotionally to your difficulties
- The consequences of your difficulties upon your everyday life
- Any patterns or themes within your everyday life that highlight your difficulties
- Opportunities for change
- Different options for change and the consequences of implementing those changes
If you want to know more about counselling and how it could help you then please get in touch.